Subject: Metamation
From: Ace Miles <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 14:15:09 -0700

I have uploaded an avi done with Metamation to ftp.newtek.com (incoming).

The file is called Glovetst.zip and also contains an iff image of the low
poly meta-cage object.

I hadn't had a great deal of time to play with Metamation until recently.
I am VERY IMPRESSED!  At NAB Bryan Blevins gave me a couple of pointers as
to why it was so powerful, so I had to find out for myself.

Metamation makes animating with bones much easier as well as screen redraws
much faster.  Because you have fewer points to begin with you need fewer
bones and they have greater control.

The avi is of a "toon glove" and was originally modeled with MetaNURBS.
It took me about 20 minutes to model and I had never used metanurbs before.
The original meta-cage object was about 280 polys. I used 2 levels of
metaform with the new MetaformPlus plugin, which also let me triple it at
the same time.

You animate with the low poly object and it is then metaformed in Layout as
you render.

-Ace

 Ace Miles * Senior Animator * Atari Games/Williams Entertainment
       [email-masked] (work)  or   [email-masked] (home)
     My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.
      Although legally they own everything I come up with.